Data Protection Policy
The charter below details Trudon’s policy regarding personal data on the website www.trudon.com.
As part of its commercial activity, Trudon, in its capacity as publisher of the website www.trudon.com and data controller, collects and processes your personal data when you use the website and online sales service.
Trudon understands your concerns about the privacy of the personal information you share with us. When you provide us with your personal data, you consent to us using and, as may be relevant, disclosing it for purposes related, in particular, to your requests to receive our newsletters or to manage your orders on the website.
This charter applies to all personal data you provide to Trudon.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Trudon may collect personal data communicated in particular when you subscribe to our newsletter, create an account or place an order for a product on the website.
This processing is necessary due to Trudon’s contractual obligations.
Any personal data that you may be required to communicate to Trudon in order to use certain services is subject to the provisions of the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 and the General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679.
2. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE DATA AND TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING
You are entitled to access, request rectification, erasure or portability of your personal data and can also object to the processing thereof. You can exercise these rights at any time by sending a letter to the following address:
TRUDON, 10 place des Victoires, 75002 Paris
Or by using our contact form.
If you object to the processing of your data, it may not be possible to process some of your requests.
3. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA BY THE COMPANY
Through its website, Trudon collects personal data which is strictly necessary for the following purposes:
- Management of your newsletter subscription (subscribing and unsubscribing),
- Management of your orders placed on the website.
The personal data (mainly your surnames, first names, telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses) that we collect for these purposes and which is essential in order to process your requests is marked with an asterisk on the collection forms. If you do not fill out these mandatory fields, we will not be able to fulfil your requests.
Trudon is the sole recipient of said data.
Trudon only communicates your personal data to a third party when:
- You have given us your prior consent to share the data in question,
- Trudon must share this data with third parties in order to provide you with the service you have requested, for example to the carrier to allow delivery of your order,
- Trudon is required by a judicial or other administrative authority to communicate the data.
Trudon has taken all necessary precautions to preserve the confidentiality and security of the personal data processed and to prevent misrepresentation, damage, destruction or unauthorised access thereto by third parties. State-of-the-art technical and organisational security measures have been put in place, particularly with regard to information systems.
However, Trudon does not control all the risks related to the operation of the Internet and draws the attention of Internet users to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and operation.
The data collected for email campaigns and newsletters is retained until you inform Trudon that you wish to unsubscribe from the latter.
Data relating to an order is kept for a period of 2 years as from delivery. It can be kept for longer in the event of a dispute.
Data relating to a user account is retained for the duration of use of the account and for a period of one year as from last use of the account.
When you visit our website, information regarding browsing using your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our website may be saved in “Cookies” files installed on your device.
When you visit the website, a banner appears at the bottom of the screen. This banner informs you of the identity of the data controller and the data retention period. It also allows you to configure cookies.
Depending on your choices, we may install various cookies on your device allowing us to recognise your device’s browser during the validity period of the cookie in question. The cookies we issue are used for the purposes set forth below, subject to your choices, which are determined by the settings of the browser used to visit our website.
Only the issuer of a cookie is able to read or modify the information contained therein.
The Cookies we issue allow us to:
- establish statistics and determine traffic and use of the various elements making up our Website (sections and content visited, paths), enabling us to improve the interest of our services and user experience;
- adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used etc.) during your visits to our Website, depending on the hardware and the visualisation or reading software you have on your device;
- store information relating to a form that you have filled out on our Website (registration or accessing your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our Website (subscribed service, contents of an order basket, etc.);
- grant you access to restricted and personal areas of our Website, such as your account, using log-in details or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- implement security measures, for example when you are asked to log back in to a content or service after a certain period of time.
Certain cookies used on the website do not require your authorisation, this is the case of cookies used to:
- store your choice of settings, especially those concerning cookies;
- store your last basket;
- store your choices concerning the language used and currency.
We may include third-party computer applications on our Website which allow you to share content from our Website with others or to let others know about what you view or your opinion on Website content. This is notably the case for the “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks (such as “Facebook”, “Pinterest” etc.).
The social network featuring such an application button may identify you due to this button, even if you did not use said button when you visited our Website. This type of application button may allow the social network in question to monitor your browsing activity on our Website, simply because your account with said social network was activated on your Device (open session) when you visited our Website.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information related to your browsing on our Website and associated with the personal data they have in their possession. Please view the privacy policies of these social networks to familiarise yourself with the purposes, in particular advertising and browsing data which they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must, in particular, allow you to exercise your choices with respect to these social networks, notably by choosing the accounts settings.
Our Website may contain cookies issued by third parties (communication agency, web analytics agency, targeted advertising service provider etc.) allowing the latter, during the period of validity of these cookies, to:
- collect browsing data regarding the devices viewing our Website
- determine the advertising content for the promotion of products and/or services proposed on our Website exclusively and likely to correspond to interests deduced from previous browsing of the device concerned.
You have several possibilities when it comes to managing cookies. You can choose at any time to express and modify your wishes regarding cookies, by the means described below.
On our website, as soon as you log in, a banner appears. On it you will find:
- a summary of the purposes for which cookies are used,
- redirect links to the cookie settings section.
Regarding this last point, you have several options:
- accept all cookies,
- refuse all cookies,
- configure cookies. If you select the last option, each cookie will be presented to you with its purpose, and you will be able to define which ones you want to enable.
If you do not make a choice, no cookies will be used.
Your choices will be stored for one year. After this period, the banner will reappear when you open the website and you will be asked to configure the cookies again.
You can also configure your browser so that cookies are saved on your Device or, on the contrary, are rejected, either systematically or depending on the issuer. You can also configure your browser to occasionally propose acceptance or refusal of cookies, before a cookie is stored on your device.
Whether or not cookies are saved on a device depends mainly on the choice of the Device user. The user can make and modify their choice at any time, free of charge, via the options proposed by the browser. If you agree to enable cookies on your browser, cookies incorporated in the pages and content you consult may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your Device. They will only be readable by their issuer.
If you refuse to enable cookies on your Device, or if you delete cookies already saved, you will no longer be able to benefit from certain features necessary for browsing on certain pages of our Website. This is the case if you try to access content or services that require you to log in. This would also be the case if we or our service providers are unable to recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your Device, its language and display settings or the country from which your Device appears to be connected to the Internet.
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to change your cookie preferences.
If your device is used by more than one person and when the same device has more than one browser, we cannot ensure with certainty that the services and advertisements intended for your device correspond to your own use of said device and not to that of another user of said device. As may be relevant, sharing use of your
Device with other persons and the configuration of your browser’s cookie settings are your choice and responsibility.
For more information on cookies and their use, you can consult the French Data Protection Authority’s (CNIL) file at the following address: https://www.cnil.fr.