From 1643 to 1719
Claude Trudon becomes the owner of a store on rue Saint Honoré in Paris. There he sells spices and candles.
Michel Brice Péan de Saint Gilles founds the manufacture for the whitening of waxes and the manufacturing of candles in the town of Antony, south of Paris.
The manufacture becomes a Royal Manufacture, the one and only candle manufacture to ever obtain this title.
From 1737 to 1889
As a Trudon heir, Jérôme Trudon buys the Royal Wax Manufacture, in Antony. The manufacture innovates and perfects the art of manufacturing perfectly white beeswax candles. Its moto becomes “DEO REGIQUE LABORANT”, which means: “They work for God and the King.”, “they” being the bees.
The manufacture supplies the Imperial court of France.
The Carrière brothers, successors of the Trudon family and knowhow, obtain a gold medal for the innovation brought to their candles.
From 2007 to 2018
At the crossroad between knowhow and History, the Trudon candles are born.
Creation of five first Trudon perfumes.
Protect the Bees
Trudon launches it bee conservancy program in collaboration with the Orne Dark Bee Conservancy and the Perche regional Nature Park.